Unity’s Timeline: Animating a Spaceship
Today, I will be going over how to animate a spaceship in Timeline!
I am supposed to make a spaceship take off, fly around for a bit, then return to the beginning using at least 3 seamlessly blended animations.
Animating the Spaceship
When animating in Timeline, put the spaceship where you want to start, head back to the Timeline window, then click the record button:
- When recording, select the spaceship.
- Head to the Inspector.
- Right click your position in the Transform tab and click “Add Key”. This will set the start of the animation to that position.
- After the first key, decide how long you want the first animation to be. When you decide, set the time to that length.
- Now position the spaceship where you want it to go in that length of time. Timeline will automatically add the keys after the first one.
- Press the play button and test your animation!
- Now you can do this to add additional animations.
That was how to animate a spaceship. My animation skills could use a little work, but it looks pretty good!
Next up, I will be going over Activation tracks in Timeline!
Thank you for your time!