Guide to Making a Beautiful Game: Light Cookies in HDRP
Adding a Cookie to Your Light
Cookies in this context are images that have light run through them to create more realistic lights. The spot light above is like having a flashlight with a worn out lens.
- Find or make an image you wish to make your “lens”.
- Import it into Unity.
- Select the image.
- Make the texture type Cookie.
- Set the type of light to whatever light you wish to use.
- Set “Alpha is Transparent” to true.
- Now select the light you wish to use.
- Under emissions, drag and drop the image in the box beside Cookie.
And that was Cookies! Making realistic lights seemed like it would take some hardcore engineering, but I was so wrong!
Next up, Screen Space Reflections!
Thank you for your time!